Friday, November 06, 2009

How interesting

So, Bob comes home from running around with his friends yesterday and tells me that he's signing up to go to CCAC (Community College of Allegheny County).

Imagine my surprise!

I'm really excited about this. He has to take a placement test to see what classes he can skirt by and which ones he'll have to get under his belt. Not sure which ones he'll need for Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice - which seems like an unusual combination, even to me. But other than that he's looking forward to getting started. We're just not sure how we're going to pay for it...
Oh well, God better provide!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Faithy said...

Yay! Great decision. And look into Financial Aid (fill out FAFSA) and talk to the school, they can show you all kinds of scholarships and financial help. I had my last 4 semesters paid in full by scholarships. The first couple I had to take care of though. They also do payment plans, where you pay so much a month, i did that for a while also. Good luck Bob!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Faith,
Thanks for the encouragement. I know about the FAFSA because I had to fill one out not too long ago when I thought I'd be going back to school. I'm not sure that's the direction that God wants me to go in right now. But Bob is excited about it all.
I'm so glad he made this choice. And I have to thank his friends for being a positive influence on him with it. It does my heart good to see them acting this way. And a part of me knows it's because of ym influence in all of their lives - at least in some small way.
Payment plans may be a good option for Bob, but he needs to get a full-time job to work that out.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.