Monday, December 28, 2009

Now that it's over

I just want to share a little bit about how Christmas went for me and the family this year.
First off, I have to say this was quite possibly the best Christmas I've ever had. And I will say that the reason for it is because I finally have my Soul-Mate with me to celebrate the holidays.

That being said; our festivities actually began on Wednesday night as Paula and I with Bob and her two youngest kids, Tad and Tim, headed off to see the Rite-Aid Celebration of Lights at Hartwood Acres. A wonderful drive-thru light display that raises money for one of the Salvation Army's charity projects each year. Too bad I can never get pictures of any of the lights. I guess you'll just have to go see them for yourself...

Christmas Eve was a run-around day for us. Bob and I joined Paula in visiting her family at her sister's house. I got to meet her family for the fisrt time and they liked me. And since there were several younger children there, Bob had a blast throwing them around and wrestling with all of them.
After leaving there we headed over to my brother's house for my family's traditional Christmas Eve celebration.
There were 4 generations present.



Not to mention that my grand-nephew Conner was also there so it was 4 generations for my sister-in-law, Beth's family too.

Of course there was plenty of food to be had.



And after everyone had their fill it was time to open presents.



This is CJ's first Christmas and I enjoyed watching him opening his gifts. In fact, in this pic Both CJ and Conner are opening the presents I gave them.



Here are Paula's youngest sons opening the presents I had for them.



Tim is sitting on the loveseat beside Paula and Tad is standing up behind them.
A few weeks earlier we had all gone out to see A Christmas Carol - the 3D animated version starring Jim Carrey - and when we were done we had gone to Toys-R-Us to play with the Nerf swords. We had a blast - me, Bob, Tad & Tim - just running around the store beating on each other with the foam swords so I made sure to pick them up for Tad and Tim. They loved it!

Then mom opened her present from Paula.



It's a wooden carving made of olive wood from the Holy Land. Mom really appreciated it.

And of course I got to spend a little one-on-one time with CJ.



After we left my brother's house Aliesha and Bob headed over to their mother's. Paula and I returned to my house to watch A Christmas Story together. She'd never seen it before, but she enjoyed it. And she would have to in order to fit in with my family.
When the first showing of the 24 hour A Christmas Story marathon was over we went to her house so that we could celebrate Christmas with her kids in the morning.

This is Paula's Christmas tree.



We all woke up sometime after 7:30 and were soon opening presents.
Seated here are Tim, Fran - Paula's daughter who is her oldest - and Ted.



And here we have Tad and Paula.



I'm sure she wants to kill me for posting this pic, but I'll make up for it with the last picture I post.
Anyways, Paula made everyone breakfast and then we just kinda lounged around for the remainder of the day. Tad and Tim played with their Nerf swords and I played with them a little bit. And as the day progressed I took a little nap. Or maybe I should say that a nap took me, because I was wiped out.



Yeah, I posted that pic so Paula can't be too mad at me for posting the one of her having only recently woke up. I still think she's beautiful.

And that was about it for this year's Christmas celebrations. I trust all of yours were wonderful, too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

I had a pretty good Christmas as well. So glad you had a good one. You truly are a lucky man. If I posted a picture of Becky after she just woke up, I would have to sleep with one eye open for the rest of my life.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you! You are blessed!!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Faithy said...

So glad to hear you had a great Christmas! We did too!! We got to spend ours in MI so there were LOTS of nieces and nephews around. I Loved it!!

10:18 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
I'm glad your Christmas was a stress-free one.
I am blessed. And I'm not worried about any retaliation for posting the picture of Paula. I made up for it by posting the one she took of me.

Anon,
Thank you, I am blessed.

Faith,
This must have been a truly wonderful Christmas for you as a newlywed couple, and having all of the family to celebrate with, too.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Paula said...

Whoa! Seriously Michael!?!?!? You think you are off the hook just because you posted that pic of yourself! You are so totally in trouble! I can't believe it!

Can you sleep well with one eye open???

12:33 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Paula,
My Beloved, I would be afraid if it weren't for the fact that you love me too much to do me any harm.

I will sleep quite well with both eyes shut.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Beloved de M+ said...

now what can I say to that???

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Faithy said...

P.S. Michael...I got a jersey from the best Pennsylvania team ever...Donovan McNabb Philadelphia Eagles Jersey for Christmas ;)

Just had to share that lol

1:10 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Beloved de M+,
Once again, I've left you speechless. What can you say when I speak so highly of your affections toward me?

Faithy,
Like I said before, until the Eagles have 6 Vince Lombardi Trophies, they'll never be the best Pennsylvania team. You need a Roethlisberger jersey...

You know it's all in jest. I'm glad you're happy with your Christmas present.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Faithy said...

Roethlisberger yuck gag yuck is all I have to say. ;)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.