Friday, January 15, 2010

I think you all should know

Paula and I are getting married in a month.

Valentine's Day...

Now, I'm sure that many of you are wondering how it's possible that I only began talking about her at Thanksgiving, and we're already getting married. Let me just say, if I told you the entire story of how God brought us together, and demonstrated to us that we're meant to be together, you'd understand (probably). However, I'm not going to share that story here. At least, not yet...
Instead, Paula and I have decided that we're going to wait until our wedding to tell everybody at once. So, if you want to hear the story, you'll have to come to the wedding.

Yes. That means if you're reading this, you're invited.

Now, I doubt many of you will show. None of you have ever shown up at any other events which I've posted invitations to, why should this one be any differnt? But if you do feel inclined to come to our wedding, please send me an e-mail saying you'd like to come. Include your mailing address so we can send you an offical invitation.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeff A said...

I would so love to come to this. I am going to look at my finances and see if it is possible. I am so excited for you both!

8:23 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Jeff,
I hope you can make it. We're gonna need a photographer since neither of us will be able to take pics.
Actually, I'm hoping Wink sees this and replies with a great big "I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Then we could all actually meet and hang out together for the first time. Wouldn't that be a cool thing, especially for my wedding?

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Faith said...

Wow! Yay! Congratulations!! I am so happy you found someone like Paula!! Wish I could come, but unfortunately, it's not possible right now. I hope to see lots of pictures though!!! I am happy for both of you!!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger coffeemate90 said...

guitargogo90@yahoo.com

1:16 PM  
Blogger coffeemate90 said...

and side note...don't take it personal if i've never shown up to something i was invited to. i read alot of people's blogs, plus have twitter, formspring, facebook and golivewire to keep up with. I don't always see your blog posts. i try to read everyone's as much as possible. if you want to invite me to something, you're better off sending me an email. and personally, i'm not here to judge you and paula for getting married so soon. its your decision and yours alone. i support my friends in whatever decisions they make, even if I don't agree with them, not saying I don't agree with you. I've been with cameron less then a year and we're engaged. Time is just a number. When something's right, you know it. I wish you all the best of luck

10:41 AM  
Blogger M+ said...

Faith,
To be completely honest, I wasn't expecting any of my out-of-state visitors to make it. But thanks for letting me know.
We'll see what we can do about the pics.

Kris,
Don't take it personal, but the bit about people never showing up to events that I post about here... that didn't include you. If I want to invite you to something I'll e-mail or send a message through your mom.
Which, incidentally, she'll be getting an invitation at church - you're invited to come with her.

OK, why would I think you're judging Paula and I about the speed with which we came to our decision? Even my mother thinks it's a great idea for us. But she's had the opportunity to meet Paula and get to know a little bit about her. You haven't had that opportunity so I don't expect you to make any judgements. I know you well enough to know you wouldn't do that, anyways.
BTW, it's "age" that is just a number. Try using "Time is just a number." with your boss if you're habitually late for work and see how mistaken you are...

4:17 PM  
Blogger coffeemate90 said...

i'm fully aware that the phrase is "age is just a number" i specifically said "time i just a number" get it? uhhh maybe not...

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jeff A said...

Unfortunately it is not in the cards for me. Not enough to get there and get back. I really wish I could, maybe later in the year.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.